I believe having a productive day is all down to planning, prioritising and focusing. Check out my tips below:
- At the end of your working day write out your “To Do” list for tomorrow and prioritise the tasks using the MoSCoW System (see previous blog for further information – ‘Week 2 – Prioritising’)
- Work out a timetable for the next day (see previous post – ‘Weekly Timetable – Upgraded’)
- The night before prepare your things for the next day e.g. clothes, laptop, papers, tickets etc.
- Ensure you have a good night’s sleep
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast
- Look at your “To Do” List and Daily Planner first thing. Get started straight away
- Take regular breaks but keep them short
- Avoid distractions like Facebook, MySpace, personal calls
- Take a lunch break away from your desk
- Be positive
Have a productive day!